Nidaros Cathedral (Norwegian: Nidarosdomen/ Nidaros Domkirke) is a Church of Norway church building situated in the city of Trondheim in Sør-Trøndelag district, Norway. Assembled over the entombment site by Saint Olav, the ruler of Norway in the 11th century, who turned into the supporter holy person of the country. It is the customary area for the sanctification of the King of Norway. It was manufactured from 1070 to 1300, and assigned as the church. It is the northernmost medieval basilica on the planet.
Nidaros Cathedral was fabricated starting in 1070 to memorialize the internment spot of Olav II of Norway, the ruler who was murdered in 1030 in the Battle of Stiklestad. He was consecrated as Saint Olav after a year by the cleric of Nidaros (which was later affirmed by the pope). It was assigned the house of God of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Nidaros from its foundation in 1152 until its nullification in 1537 under the Reformation.
Since the Reformation, it has served as the church building of the Lutheran ministers of Trondheim (or Nidaros) in the Diocese of Nidaros. The compositional style of the basilica is Romanesque and Gothic. Generally it has been an essential destination for explorers originating from all of Northern Europe.
Alongside Vår Frue Church, the house of God is a piece of the Nidaros og Vår Frue area in the Nidaros deanery in the Diocese of Nidaros.
Deal with the house of God as a commemoration to St. Olav began in 1070.
The most seasoned parts of the house of prayer comprise of the octagon with its encompassing walking.
An outline of the octagon may have been propelled by the Corona of Canterbury Cathedral, albeit octagonal altars have a long history in Christian structural planning.
The choir shows English impact, and seems to have been designed according to the Angel Choir of Lincoln Cathedral.
All the recovered glass in the house of prayer dates from its modifying in the 19th and 20th hundreds of years.
The windows on the north side of the congregation delineate scenes from the Old Testament against a blue foundation, while those on the south side of the congregation portray scenes from the New Testament against a red foundation.